Sunday, September 9, 2018

Summer Sewing: The Fiona Dress by Closet Case Patterns

Summer sewing is something that usually gets done on rainy days and late nights. If I was not a gardener or farmer I might do more summer sewing, but as it is, summer projects require one thing from me....I must be able to wear them as soon as I complete them!
This summer, Closet Case Patterns, released the Fiona Sundress, and it melted my sewing heart! I got the pattern and started assembling the pdf. An hour later I looked up and realized this was taking up my whole floor! What had I gotten myself into. Oh and look at those princess seams! Oh lands!
I took a breathe, sighed and kept at it!
The sew was a pretty straight forward one, princess seams and all. All that I had to do was stay on track with the directions...Then I finished the sewing and realized I wanted to put snaps in the dress.

 
I got everything nice and organized and began.  Two days and about 20 snaps later, my dress was done! (It really didn't take me the whole two days...but I had other obligations the filled up the rest of those two days.)
It really is a fun dress to make and to wear as it turns out. It has just enough ease to sit comfortably and walk comfortably. Those things are very important to me, because if it doesn't meet those qualifications, I probably won't wear it.
 
 
 
Such a versatile fun dress. Looking forward to all the layering options that may present themselves in the coming seasons.
Bonus: I couldn't leave well enough alone. After I finished the dress, I made a few adjustments to the pattern and ended up with a equally lovable Fiona Shirt. Take a look.
 
 
Side note, this is my first sew with a linen/rayon blend fabric...it's got a thing for that wrinkled look. Just saying!
 
 
I see a few more of these in my future...probably next summer though.
Would you like to make up your very own Fiona? Well, here's the link-  The Fiona Sundress!!!
 
Hope you all have had a lovely summer. Soak up the sun while you can!
Planning to sew up the Fiona? Already sewed your Fiona? Leave me a comment and tell me about it. If you posted photos, I'd love to see them!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment